9-Step Guide: Launching a New Business in Phillips County
Starting a new business can be overwhelming at times, but in Phillips County, we can help make it easier! Follow this simple 9-step guide to help get your business started on the right track.
- Contact the PhillCo Office, let us help direct and connect you to local and regional key contacts that will help get you started on the right track. We will assist you with scheduling a FREE one-on-one session with a business consultant at the Havre Regional Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to develop and improve your business plan, financial analysis and marketing research.
- Determine your Business Structure – Consult an attorney, accountant, and/or financial adviser to help you determine which business structure is right for you.
- Visit eStop to get information about getting a license to operate a business and determine whether your business needs a professional license.
- Reserve a Business Name at the Montana Secretary of State website.
- File Organizational Documents with the Montana Secretary of State.
- Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Acquire the Proper Permits for your business from the Montana Department of Labor & Industry.
*Phillips County does NOT require a Local License.
- Apply for Worker’s Compensation and learn about labor laws through the Montana Department of Labor & Industry.
- File an Annual Report with the Montana Secretary of State.
- If further assistance is needed with this process, please contact the PhillCo office at (406)654-5525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a printable version of the Montana Secretary of State’s “Launch a Business Checklist” [button text=”HERE” link=”http://phillco.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/launch.pdf” style=”inverse” size=”normal” target=”_self” display=”inline” icon=”no”] [sm_hr]
Further Assistance with Starting a Business in Montana
Through the Choose Montana initiative, the Montana Governor’s Office of Economic Development is highlighting the facts and figures from our dynamic statewide economy and key industry sectors, as well as the reasons CEOs and entrepreneurs who could be growing their ventures anywhere in the world are proud to call Big Sky Country home.
Contact the Governor’s Office of Economic Development to learn more about how Montana businesses attract and retain world-class talent, and the compelling reasons your company should Choose Montana, too.
The Montana Site Selector is a powerful tool to assist you in finding a location for your business or industry in Montana. The Governor’s Office of Economic Development has packed a lot of tools into this geo-based site for you to analyze potential sites and locations in relation to a wide variety of data sets, allowing you to select from an array of layers. Data in this site is cloud-based so you are assured of having the latest that is available. We encourage you to try out Montana Site Selector and find out how valuable it can be in determining your new location in Montana. If you have any questions, please know that the Governor’s Office of Economic Development is here to assist. Click Site Selector and find your ideal Montana location.